New job offer job_86eb83999dac665cd226a5fcd4e6d463
Title: Senior Software Developer (Numerical Analysis, Multiphysics Simulation)
Date: 2021-10-13 16:28
Authors: Alexandre Sinding
Job_Location: Paris area
Job_Employer: Coventor, a Lam Research Company
We are looking for a talented, versatile and autonomous developer to join our dynamic development team in our Coventor office in the Paris area.
We are developing CoventorMP®, a well-established MEMS (Micro Electro-Mechanical Systems) design and simulation software. This Multiphysics Simulation Software heavily relies on Finite Element Models. We are working on various exciting projects, among which:
- Studying Boundary Element Methods to solve some of our most challenging Electrostatics problems,
- Revisiting our current models for Electrostatics. These models are based on Conformal Mapping (Schwartz-Christoffel) and the superposition of semi-analytical models,
- Optimizing and improving our current C++ infrastructure to support evermore complex designs,
- Solving large problems: linear solvers, direct vs iterative, HPC,
- Creation of the next generation Solid Modeler for our tool. This involves creating a new plugin from scratch (Qt based) to go from a 2D layout to a full 3D model which then needs to be meshed.
If you have experience with any of the previous topics, and you’re passionate about developing new code, architecture, challenging existing solution, I’m sure you will love working with us.
• Professional software engineering design, development and evaluation,
• Exploring new tools, challenging our simulation capabilities, creating new solutions,
• Teamwork with our Application Engineers when facing challenging simulations to help our customers.
• Master’s Degree or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent (Engineering, Physics or Applied Mathematics),
• Solid understanding of at least one of the following:
- Electrostatics, either Boundary Element Methods or Conformal Mapping
- Code architecture,
- Geometry modelling.
• Object Oriented Programming experience,
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to impart information at various technical levels,
• English fluent,
• Demonstrated technical problem-solving experience and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• Strong background in numerical methods and scientific computing,
• Professional software engineering experience,
• Experience developing a project from scratch,
• Familiarity with C++ libraries such as boost, STL, or Qt; Python coding skills,
• Knowledge of agile methods, object-oriented design, design patterns, and cross-platform development,
• Knowledge solving very large problems with HPC,
• Interest in MEMS technologies and/or Semiconductors.