New job offer job_44123fd2ee53c40a4dbf7d09a149c03b
Title: Computational number theory and algebraic geometry for code-based or isogeny-based post-quantum cryptography
Date: 2021-10-04 06:30
Authors: Jade Nardi
Job_Location: Université de Rennes 1
Job_Duration: 2 years
The mathematical department IRMAR
part of Rennes 1 University in the west of France, is advertising a 2-year post-doctoral position in the
"Computational number theory and algebraic geometry for code-based or isogeny-based post-quantum cryptography ".
It includes the following topics:
- Code-based private information retrieval (PIR) protocol;
- Code-based secret sharing schemes;
- Algebraic codes and/or asymptotically good towers of curves for verifiable computing;
- Number of rational points of embedded varieties defined over a finite field.
- Isogeny computation with elliptic curves, higher genus curves, complex multiplication ;
- Computation with abelian varieties, theta functions ;
- Explicit methods for moduli spaces of curves and abelian varieties.
The list above is indicative and not exhaustive. Candidates are invited to design their research proposal around other topics, provided that they are closely related to with algebraic geometry and code-based cryptography.
Candidates must hold a PhD thesis or equivalent in mathematics or computer science, together with a strong research record.
The starting date can be arranged as convenient after october 2021.
Applications and requests for further information should be directed to Jade Nardi
if related to code theory (email@example.com) David Lubicz for curve based cryptography
(firstname.lastname@example.org). Applicants should send detailed curriculum vitae, list of
publications, a short research proposal.