New job offer job_52342de887395034852d3f9dd85bd365
Title: Postdoctoral researchers in HPC/HPDA
Date: 2020-10-09 20:19
Authors: Sebastien Varrette
Job_Duration: Fixed-term (2 years)
Job_Employer: University of Luxembourg
The University of Luxembourg aspires to be one of Europe’s most highly regarded universities with a distinctly international and interdisciplinary character. It fosters the cross-fertilisation of research and teaching, is relevant to its country, is known worldwide for its research and teaching in targeted areas, and is establishing itself as an innovative model for contemporary European Higher Education. It's core asset is its well-connected world-class academic staff which will attract the most motivated, talented and creative students and young researchers who will learn to enjoy taking up challenges and develop into visionary thinkers able to shape society.
The University of Luxembourg (UL) is seeking to hire 3 Postdocs within the HPC team of the University of Luxembourg led by Prof. Pascal Bouvry (Head) and Dr. Sébastien Varrette (Deputy Head).
Since 2006, the University of Luxembourg has invested into its own High Performance Computing (HPC) facilities. Special focus was laid on the development of large computing power combined with huge data storage capacity to accelerate the research performed in intensive computing and large-scale data analytic (Big Data). This characteristic distinguishes the HPC center at the university from many other HPC facilities, which often concentrate on only one of these two pillars. Nowadays, the UL HPC facility remains the biggest platform in Luxembourg and the HPC team is deeply involved in the national and European HPC developments. Further information can be found on hpc.uni.lu.
As part of the Data/HPC facility of the University of Luxembourg, you will be
- Supporting researchers across university to benefit from High Performance Computing and High-Performance Data Analytics
- Perform research and development work in your expertise area
- Synchronize the national educational offering around HPC / HPDA and provide HPC/HPDA related training, courses, up-skilling and re-skilling
- Liaise with the European network of Competence Centres
The HPC postdoctoral fellows will report to the HPC direction.
- PhD degree in Computer Science or related fields (e.g. engineering, applied mathematics, data science, etc).
- Advanced knowledge in HPC and/or HPDA
- Great Research and Educational skills
- Understanding and implementation of project management best practices. In particular, ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives;
- Commitment, team working, interpersonal skills and a critical mind;
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory. The University of Luxembourg is set in a multilingual context, thus knowledge in at least one of the two official languages of Luxembourg (French or German) is an asset;
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval, Luxembourg
- Job Reference: UOL03605
Applications should be submitted online and include:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, including (recent) photograph, your contact address, training record, work experience and (if available), publications and language test results (e.g.TOEFL),
- Letter of intent including the personal motivations for applying to the University of Luxembourg and its HPC team,
- Certified copies of degree certificates, incl. a transcript of courses taken (with grades)
- Names and contact details of three referees.
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
For more information: see online description