Title: Senior Compiler Engineer
Date: 2020-06-15 09:54
Authors: Tiago Paulino
Job_Location: Paris, France (Possible remote, but within France)
Quarkslab is a French company specializing in information security R&D, consulting and software development. Our expertise is in combining offensive and defensive security to help organizations adopt a new security posture: Force the attackers, not the defender, to adapt constantly. Through our consulting services as well as our software we provide tailored solutions to organizations, helping them to protect their assets, sensitive data, and users against increasingly sophisticated attacks.
Where you can help us:
At Quarkslab, we build a product, Epona, for application protection. The goal is to buy time and make it harder for the attacker to steal and tamper with data or intrude into our client's infrastructure. This team is divided in several "features": protection to make code harder to analyse statically or dynamically, cryptography to design whitebox algorithms and secure storage to build a secure digital vault, Q&A, …
We also arrange frequent red team exercises in the company to assess and break into that protection, in a cat and mouse game. Of course, the goal of this feedback loop is to make our product stronger, and to increase the understanding of the developers in new attacks.
Your day to day work:
The team that develops Epona is also in charge of the development of a whitebox cryptographic library. This library is implemented by a team mixing compiler and cryptography experts. The later design and implement the cryptographic algorithms, the former implement the tools used by the later to generate secured code and to detect eventual problems. This library is supported on different operating systems and architectures.
Your main task will be to maintain and enhance these tools, write analyses to detect flaws in the design of the tool, ensure the quality of the delivered product in terms of security, performance and code size, and communicate your developments to the rest of the team.
If you like low level development, program analysis and compilation applied to security, you will love this job!
Who you are:
The skills or knowledge we think you should have:
- Familiar with LLVM or other compilation framework
- Development in C++
- Team player to exchange about your knowledge with others
But also, that would be nice if you knew:
- Reverse Engineering
- CMake, Git and Gitlab
Why work at Qb?
- Work with an amazing team, eager to learn and play with new approach and technologies, mixing various skills (security, compilation, backend, ...)
- Attend conferences in your field, learn from many internal events (weekly conference, trainings, ...)
- Contribute and support open source tools, others and ours
- Premium health insurance
- International environment with offices in Paris and Buenos Aires (team croissants vs. team asador), representations in Tokyo and Singapore
- Call with our talent acquisition manager
- Play with a small challenge
- Welcome at Qb's office (half day interview)
- Talk with the appropriate C-level(s)
- HR debrief and job offer