Title: Code Developement Engineer
Date: 2022-04-29 07:04
Authors: Luigi Brochard
Job_Location: Barcelone ou à distance
Job_Employer: EAS (Energy Aware Solutions)
Power consumption is a critical topic for Data Centers today both from an economical and environmental perspective.
Energy Aware Solutions S.L. (EAS) (www.eas4dc.com) has been created in September 2020 to provide a software solution to energy efficiency by reducing the power consumption of existing data centers while hurting its performance as little as possible.
EAS technology is based on EAR software which is a European open-source system software tool developed since 2016 by the two EAS creators Dr. Julita Corbalan (EAS CTO) & Dr. Luigi Brochard (EAS CEO). Julita is an associate professor at University Polytechnic of Catalonia and a researcher at the Barcelona Supercomputing Center. Luigi was an IBM Distinguished Engineer when he created the energy aware scheduler feature for LoadLeveler and then Spectrum LSF. EAR monitors, manages and optimizes the Data Center energy by controlling transparently and real time both the applications and the servers on which the applications run. EAS technology is installed in several large and medium size European HPC Data Centers and demand is rising. We are also involved in different European projects to support the development of new EAR features and we are working closely with Lenovo, Intel and AMD.
Job description for Development Engineer EAS20222
To cope with these demands and to win with us the challenge of Energy Efficient Data Centers, we need to grow the team and we are recruiting two system software engineers: a DevOps and a Developer.
As a Development Engineer you will be part of the development team in charge of porting EAR to new processors and accelerators and developing new EAR features. You will report to the EAS CTO.
About the team
The development team has 4 engineers based in Barcelona working remotely and reporting to the CTO.
EAR development uses the following tools: gitlab, Makefiles, C language, MPI, mysql, postgres. Other system tools/libraries used during the EAR execution and/or development are: IPMI tools, perf, likwid, MSR registers, cpupower.
You will be in charge of:
● EAR development of new low level capabilities for new architectures
● EAR design, implementation and validation of energy optimization strategies for new architectures and new use cases: applications and programming models
● Evaluation and reporting of performance and power metrics for new strategies developed
● Interaction and coordination with the rest of the EAR development team and customer support team for the organization of new releases
Skills and Education
○ Bachelor degree or MSc in Computer Science or related discipline.
● Knowledge and Professional Experience
● Required: Processor architecture and/or System software specialization
● Required: Experience with UNIX/LINUX environments
● Required: C programming, Python and basic knowledge on MySQL DB
● Required: Basic experience on power and energy management
● Required: Experience on working with medium to big software projects with experience using tools such as automake, Makefiles, gitlab, packaging tools, regressions tests etc.
● Required: Basic experience on HPC applications execution from a user perspective. Parallel programming models, Job schedulers commands, tools for performance analysis, etc.
● Desired: Skills on Machine Learning
● Desired: Experience on using profiling tools and/or libraries such as PAPI, Likwid, NVIDIA libraries, etc.
● Desired: Experience in previous projects will be appreciated
We expect you have the following qualities:
○ Proactive, self-motivated with good understanding of power and performance concepts
○ Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
○ Fan of programming
○ Able to take initiatives, prioritize the tasks and work under define deadlines
EAS headquarters is located in Barcelona (Spain). The candidate can either work locally or remotely.
We offer a full-time contract with a competitive package including (but not limited to) private insurance, flexible hours, choice of laptop, and infrequent travels.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com and include:
● A letter explaining your interest in the job and your salary expectation
● A full CV including contact details
● Ref: EAS20222